Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pie

Today I had a thought. I've been trying to put into words how it feels to have Maci here, in our family, in our lives. Today I thought of a pie. I feel like Maci is another piece of my pie. Not just a piece, but another piece. With this addition, I'm more complete. I'm fuller.

One slice signifies the sharer of my soul, Mr. DeBoer. One slice signifies my call of duty as a graphic designer. One slice signifies the space Team DeBoer calls home. One slice signifies my blended and extended family. One slice signifies life's greatest companions, our pets. One slice signifies what remains to be seen. And now one slice signifies the apple from our tree, Miss Maci Mae. She fits like the cornerstone piece of a puzzle. Essential but existent all along? As you can see I'm still a little shady on the details because quite frankly, I just can't put shit into words lately, but I think I'm getting closer.

I will say that having a being completely dependent on you really makes you think long and hard about the kind of person you want to be and therefore the kind of person you want them to be. I really have no solid conclusion about this yet but I do know that I need to be easier on myself. I need to be more forgiving, more complementary, more present and more relaxed. To that end, I'm posting the worst picture I can find of myself because no matter how horrible I think I look… I know my little slice(s) love me anyway.



4 comments:

  1. As part of the mixed/blended (did you mention there was a weird family slice as I might be in that part of your pie) -- anyway, I love you. This photo looks like a great person who happens to be a mom of one of the most precious little babies. Where oh where did she get that awesome hair??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kali you'll have to have another pie. I can't add up the pieces or numbers of pie. I would like to tell you also that god sends you those pies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog content and mostly like the fact you noticed-you need to be more forgiving of yourself-...easier on yourself! I think you've got it! Practice it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you! It's that simple.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like: