Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Schnoz

I have wanted to pierce my nose since just after high school. The idea has come and gone every so often or on an occasional birthday. Finally at the ripe old age of 28, I bit the bullet.

Back track one night.

We were sitting at the Woodruffs for an impromptu Friday night happy hour and somehow nose piercing came up. I again voiced my desires for my nose as the conversation continued it's journey along the sporadic lines of topics between the participants. The next day I was at Home Depot on my pot search when Sara called and asked how serious I was about getting my nose pierced. I said "Completely!" With that we made plans to meet up in 10 minutes and head to get 'er done. A hop, skip, jump and jaunt to Uptown later, we ended up at Saint Sabrina's with an appointment to get a nostril piercing (that was the technical term) from a guy named Nate.

After I signed my life away we headed upstairs to the room, which coincidentally, came with a bed to lie down on. It felt just like a medical room and was just as, if not more, sterile. As I watched Sara lie down to get her current nose piercing changed, I was slightly startled. Nate had stuck a very large, somewhat intimidating rod up her nostril. 10 seconds later he was done. It was a bit frightening but done in the blink of an eye. With her new piercing in place, I stepped up to the plate next and felt an intense urge to want to blow my nose. I couldn't recall any previous occasions where someone was going to be looking straight up my nose, on purpose. With no tissues in sight, I surrendered my self consciousness to the expert. Nate cleaned around the area, drew his little dot and told me to check it out in the mirror. I gave my two thumbs up and took my place lying back down on the table. I was staring up at the lovely photo he had taped to the ceiling when he told me to take a deep breath, I felt a pinch, I let my held breath out and then a quick sharp pain came through my nose, followed by a flood from my left eye. That was it.

I was done. It was done. I had my little diamond bling all up in my nose. I looked in the mirror and saw a big ass, cheesy grin staring back at me. Ever since, I can't stop looking at it in the mirror or out of the corner of my eye. I love it. I've gotten used to the cleanings and questions about when I got it done or if I've always had it. Overall, I'm stoked. I can't do Zoolander as well as Shawn can but below is my best attempt.
If you dare, you can click on the photo for a larger (and more unattractive) view

3 comments:

  1. Oddly, I'm actually kind of jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is VERY you!! In a great way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOOO!!!!!! Love it! Love it!

    Now you get to come with me to get my tattoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like: