Last month I revealed my must-see movie list. It's time to take roll call and let you in on my progress because I'm sure you are chomping at the bit to find out.
Movies to Rent
1. Iron Man (I know, I know. I never saw it but heard nothing but raves and with the second one coming out, it's essential to begin at the beginning.)
Update: Very, very, very good. So good in fact we had trouble renting it from Blockbuster. It seems everyone is trying to catch up so they can catch the second. Luckily, I scored a copy from a coworker. I love Robert Downey Jr.
2. It's Complicated (It's got Meryl - come on.)
Update: Surprisingly, I haven't rented this one yet although I had a funny conversation regarding Meryl. Shawn's always telling me how much my mom looks like Meryl Streep. Inevitably, I disagree and we get into a lengthy debate and discussion ending in Shawn's famous solution: "We agree to disagree." Then Mom was here visiting and we got to talking about Miss Oscar herself and Mom said she gets told she looks like Meryl, all, the, time! I got the biggest I-told-you-so-look from Shawn. Sucked. I still disagree but the irony was timely.
Movies in Theatre
1. The Backup Plan (I'm so in the mood for a great, cliché, romantic, albeit predictable, chick flick I can't stand it! I can almost taste the wine that would follow the outing!)
Update: I saw this with Tammy and we both laughed and laughed and laughed. The water birth scene alone did it in for me. I was scared to my very soul about something coming out of my womb someday. No matter what critics say, this one's funny!
2. Date Night (This looks hysterical and I look forward to the laughing.)
Update: Speaking of funny - Oh, My, Goodness! I have a new relationship with Steve Carell. He makes me laugh and for that I love him. Tina Fey is a riot herself. It was a great comical duo and I had a wonderful, nourishing, cavernous belly laugh when they got in the boat to try to get away from the bad guys and the camera pans out to show the background. Makes me chuckle just thinking about it. It hit the spot and did not disappoint.
3. How to Train Your Dragon - in 3D (This will entertain my childish side whilst acknowledging my visual senses.)
Update: Haven't made it to this yet but it's the one movie I keep hearing is great. Over and over and over. I'm working on it!
Movies Coming Soon
1. Iron Man 2 - 5/7/10 (Hopefully it's as good as the first is promised to be.)
Update: Soon. Very soon. Would have been last weekend if it were up to Shawn but I decided it was more suitable a time and temperature to clean the entire house instead. Amen for AC!
2. Babies - 5/7/10 (I'm so excited for this documentary. If you haven't heard of it or seen the preview, Google it now!)
Update: Not yet but this one has me itching the most to get to a matinee!
3. Robin Hood - 5/14/10 (A new twist on a classic and I'll be there with Sara to support her withstanding relationship with Mr. Crowe.)
Update: So we saw this and were anticipating something… epic. It wasn't. In fact, I would skip the theatre. While I enjoyed seeing Russell Crowe through Sara's eyes, that's about all there was to enjoy. It was entertaining, don't get me wrong. We were just disappointed for a Russell Crowe/Ridley Scott duo.
4. SATC - 5/27/10 (I've saved the best for last, Sex and the City 2. While I always enjoyed the show much more then the first movie, I'm curious to see where they'll take the story. The show always focused more on the relationships and not so much the fashion or even the fun. It was more relate-able. Obviously Aiden's back so at the very least, I'll have a tall drink of water to sip on.)
Update: June 5th Michelle and I are venturing out. This way we'll avoid the mad rush opening weekend and I get to go with the woman that first introduced me to Miss Bradshaw. Fitting.
More Movies Coming Soon
These are one's I'm adding for the sake of the list. It's essential to keep lists up-to-date.
5. Shrek Forever After - 5/21/10 (I've heard this one isn't the greatest although it looks hilarious.)
6. Killers - 6/4/10 (I also love Ashton Kutcher and am expecting humorous, witty entertainment pairing him with Katherine Heigl. I'm currently a fanatical 27 Dresses fan and can't stop watching it so I need a new Katherine movie before my DVR recording gives way.)
7. The A-Team - 6/11/10 (Bradley Cooper - used to hate him but now he is THE brightest, most beautiful, blue-eyed man around… after my husband of course.)
8. Toy Story 3 - 6/18/10 (I hadn't seen very good previews for this either until the story of Buzz Lightyear in Spanish was revealed. Hilarante! According to my iMac Translation widget, that's spanish for hilarious.)
9. Eat Pray Love - 8/13/10 (JULIA! Since I thought the book was… anticlimactic, I wasn't thrilled to hear they were making it into a movie. That is, until I heard it was going to star Julia. Julia is my favorite. I don't care what anyone says. We go way back.)