Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Irony

So I'm in the shower this morning and my mind starts to wander, as it usually does. First place my mind goes: my screaming quadriceps. Per one of my resolutions, I've joined a gym and went running last night. Therefore, I've engaged (and angered) many, many, many, many, many muscles. IRONICALLY, my lower back is feeling like that of an in-shape, stellar, 18-year-old. I constantly have lower back back. I wake up with it, walk with it and put it back to bed again at the end of the night. Sucks. The irony is when I kill the rest of my body exercising, I relieve my most nagging ache.

Second place my mind goes: the act of showering itself. Some people take a shower at night to help them relax for bed time. IRONICALLY, others, myself included, take a shower in the morning to wake up and get ready for the day. See where I'm going with this? I just thought it was an interesting observation. Simple, but interesting. The same act that calms you at night to sleep, wakes you up from sleep in the morning.

Third place my mind goes: my face. Or, more specifically my eyes. Every morning (and every night) I wash my face and never seem to get all the mascara off of my eyes. I step out of the shower, which faces the mirror, and it looks as if a raccoon is staring back at me. It turns out I bought waterproof mascara by mistake last time (which reminds me of another resolution regarding reading labels before I purchase) so it helps it stay on but IRONICALLY (and irritatingly), I cannot get it off! Sometimes, so much so that I don't even need to reapply the next day! I mean this stuff is industrial. It's like tar.

Maybe it's because I'm still half asleep, maybe it's because I'm so relaxed or maybe it's because I have nothing else to listen to but my own thoughts. Whatever it is, I seem to do some heavy, albeit boring, thinking in the shower. In fact, I'm sure I thought of more but just didn't write it down. I find my short-term memory to be somewhat illusive these days. IRONICALLY, I can tell you exactly what I was wearing and doing May 21, 2005.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried make-up remover for the mascara. I would suggest Mary Kay, but I'm biased. It's awesome and doesn't irritate contacts (not sure if you are a contact user or not, but just FYI).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like: