Thursday, January 14, 2010

Perspective

I ran for over 40 minutes tonight. I distanced over 3 miles. I burned just over 300 calories. Every part of me below my belly button hurts. I can't feel my legs, ankles or feet. Every step I take feels like it could be my last before I'm a pile of goo on the floor. I can undo all that in 2 minutes. I can eat 2.25 double-stuffed Oreos.

But then I'd feel like this:
And that's getting really, really old. So, tonight I skipped dessert. I'm drinking water as we speak. Lord help me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain...my school is adopting a personal wellness plan for faculty. Today, I had to do the Presidential Fitness Challenge. I ran the mile in front of the boys basketball team and almost died.
    Afterwards, I met Beau for a beer and asiago dip at Mulligans :)
    I'll be thinking about you and your oreo withdrawls!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like: