Thursday, April 15, 2010

Survival

I ask myself every day… now what? What do I do now? What follows the greatest tragedy in my life? What should I think about? Who am I now? What should occupy my time? How should I feel or think? What is the process I should follow? Truth is - there is no answer.

So for us, Team DeBoer, right now… there is baseball. I don't mean to sound cynical, in fact, I'm quite sincere. The Minnesota Twins and their new stadium bring us a sense of exciting normalcy. For a couple hours, we disappear into the shade of Target Field. We root for Cuddy, our favorite player, cringe for Punto when he comes up to bat and say a little thank you to the screen every time they show Mr. Mauer. For nine innings, we don't have to think. And with 162 games in the season, that's a lot of mindless, blissful, pure entertainment, that we'll cling to for now. For later, well…


1 comment:

  1. I am just now catching up with you and your blog. And this one? Well I loved the daisies but this one? really made me miss you, Shawn and playing cards with Dad. thing is, for me? I can't bring myself to go to a baseball game or even watch it on tv or hear it on the radio. Maybe with time...

    love you. miss you. yadda yadda yadda.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like: