Wednesday, April 11, 2007

People With OCD Should NOT Grout

Shawn and I attempted our first task on the kitchen, without anyone's help ...well, other then a few frantic phone calls. Saturday, we grouted. Or should I say, I grouted, nearly had an anxiety attack, then Shawn cleaned the grout and made everything look nice. For future do-it-yourselfers (and fellow OCDers), here's a little tip: grouting is a messy, messy, messy job. Grout does not have the same texture as mud. It is gritty and sandy and will make an utter mess of your floor... until you get out the miracle sponge! Then an amazing thing happens. Your grouted floor starts to look like you thought it would, like it does on TV! Needless to say, it was a touch-and-go process, but as reflected in the pictures, it was a success. Last night, Tuesday, we sealed the grout and tonight we can start moving appliances back in. Hallelujah! Check out the pictures of Team DeBoer's efforts and be thankful you weren't there to witness the event live. Did I mention I love my husband? He's a patient man.

Please Note - There is an actual picture of me posted below, with a very red face I might add. Shawn made me include it. I apologize.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You might also like: