Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day Job

If I haven't said it before, let me declare it now: blogging does not, and will not, ever pay the bills. At least not in my world. After all, I'm not the Petersiks. Fortunately, I have a day job. (And I have a husband that has a day job.) I work at an extraordinary creative agency called Go East. They've faithfully employed me for just over a year now and I have nothing but rave reviews of my experience there thus far. Now ironically, Go East has a company blog full of delicious expertise from my brilliant coworkers. And wouldn't you know who's name (and picture – which is post-maternity leave so view with a kind eye) is next to the most recent post. Yep, this lady's. I will be the first to admit that writing a reputable, professional and relevant blog post is FAR more stressful than just spewing my normal cynicism, rants and bull-hocky. That being said, I did find the challenge to be rewarding, inspiring and a wee bit o' fun (at least in the end). Above all, I learned one very important lesson: grammatically correct I am not. Bless the proofreaders of the world and of Go East. You are an amazing breed. Without further adieu… my post.

4 comments:

  1. It was a classic cousin Kali. I think you should get paid to blog. Now, after next Wednesday (last day of the bar exam) lets put our heads together so I can:
    hug you as I have missed you dearly
    hug your husband as I have missed him dearly
    meet and hug my newest, getting older by the day, littlest cousin,
    get slobbered on by my favorite bassets
    and brainstorm the title/muse of my next blog since I retired the old one.

    I love you. Keep writing. It feeds souls. mine included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks long, lost cousin! Good luck Wednesday! You will kill it – and we shall celebrate afterwards! See you soon…

      Delete
  2. Yay for texting! There have been times I've wanted to send you a message, can't remember what about now, but then I remembered your abhorrence of texting! That said, I am feeling technologically challenged myself in that the remainder of your post was completely over my head. I guess that's what happens when you get old!!! We plan on coming north to rent a cabin at the end of August, on Lake Andrusia, just the three of us and anyone else who wants to stop by for a day or two. Hope all is well with you guys, and keep blogging! After all, you inspired the creation of my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know, I'm sorry for the delay in my texting but I've saved good money over the years by abstaining. Fear not fellow blogger, I will post on… it's the only sort of "baby book" or recorded memories Maci will have. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

You might also like: