Monday, June 4, 2007

Start Seeing Red... er, Merlot

Yes, the kitchen is painted! No, it's not Gecko Green, but it's an equally compelling color, Merlot Red. You'll notice below, the color on the walls isn't the only things that's changed. Dad, Tammy, Allie, and Ty hauled themselves up nort this past weekend to chip away at some more of our kitchen-to-do list. Dad attached all the skins and crown molding and hung the other set of cabinets on the south wall. He also attached the toe kicks and the half the hardware. Finally, he mounted the microwave to the cabinets over the stove. Whew. Shawn played "Vanna White" for the weekend and helped where he could and when he was asked. I'm running out of ways to emphasize how nice things look and how wonderful of a job Dad has done so everyone get out your thesaurus, look up the word great and insert your word here _____.

Enjoy the pictures below but note - on the first picture, the odd shapes and images on the wall are merely reflections of whatever my flash picked up when I took the picture (ie the knobs on the stove or the inside of the sink). Also, just ignore the dishes in the sink. I'm sure you didn't even notice them. I was getting "harrassed" to get new pictures up on the blog and didn't have time to tidy up first so let's just say it's staged to look used. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Well, your kitchen looks absolutely fabulous. Might I add I did a wonderful job helping. um...err...I mean reading. I love the merlot and I will probably need yours and Shawns help when I buy my own house someday! Love Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there DeBoers! The kitchen looks amazing! Maybe someday we'll be able to see it in person! Hope all is going well with you guys. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You might also like: